It is very normal when you buy a new computer, it will perform quickly, but all computers are slowing down over time.
For the record, it is easy to restore the performance of the device and speed up your Windows 10 (the most used operating system), with some simple tricks that will not require you to spend more money to change some of the components. We will show you today some tricks, which helps you improve the Windows 10 operating system performance. Which in turn will improve the overall performance of your device.
The only exception to these tricks is if your laptop or PC has Contains a hard drive of type HDD and not an SSD hard drive. While our advice will help improve overall performance but replacing HDD hard drive magnetic with an SSD static drive it will be a better solution to enhance and accelerate performance.
Here’s a set of tips and steps to make Windows 10 faster without upgrading device components.
1- Remove startup programs
One of the main reasons why computers take a long time to start up is all applications and utilities that have been installed, Many of them run automatically when you start Windows.
On the right side of the taskbar, click the up arrow to display notification icons. You will find each program loaded with Windows startup, some are essential (such as antivirus software ), but others may not be important, so right-click on each one and open the Settings menu, and turn off the Startup option automatically with Windows.
To disable all other programs and utilities
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Choose Task Manager.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- You will find a lot of programs that start with the start of Windows, but knowing what to disable is not easy, so you can use Google, to search for items and see if they are necessary and useful.
- In the following picture, Windows 10 tells you how useful each program is to performance:
2 – Defragment your hard drive “Disk Defragment”
Recent versions of the Windows operating system automatically defragment the disk. However, the Microsoft Disk Defragmenter tool is built into Windows can be used to solve the problem of hard drive fragmentation and accelerate device performance. There are better retail tools that accelerate performance, like O & O Defrag, but Smart Defrag from IObit is a good and free tool.
The purpose of the hard disk defragmentation process is to speed up the device by rearranging files and erasing empty spaces.
See More : 5 Problems With Windows 10 and How To Solve
3-Check for Malware
It’s best to check your operating system to make sure no malware is causing your device to slow down.
If you rely on Windows Defender for security, you’ll need to do these steps:
- Press Start Menu
- Then select Settings
- Choose Update and Security, and then choose Windows Defender
- Then, scroll down in the right panel down until you see Windows Defender
- In the next window on the right side, there are options for running a quick, full or custom scan.
- Then, click Scan Now now.
- If Windows finds anything unwanted, it will help you find out and suggest ways to deal with the problem.
If you are using an antivirus package such as AVG, Norton, McAfee, or others, you will need to run the program and find the option to perform a system check. It is usually very easy to detect malware by famous anti-virus software.
This 3 steps are the major steps to speed up Windows 10 and your device